Sunday, August 31, 2014

Argentina! I'm here!

Mallory left the MTC at 6am on Monday August 25th.  She then flew out of SLC at around 11:04 and arrived in Atlanta, GA at around 4:50 pm.  She had a layover there until her flight left for Buenos Aires at 9:08 pm.  We were able to talk to her briefly from a courtesy phone.  It was difficult for her to hear us but it was nice to hear her voice and she sounded very excited to be finally going to Argentina.  Her flight was a little late in departing and I was able to stay up to watch her plane fly over Cuba and Jamaica and then I had to go to bed.


When I woke up the next morning her plane was just about 20 minutes from Buenos Aires so I was able to catch the end of her very long flight!  It arrived at 8:37 am on Tuesday which was 6:37am here.

Date: August 26, 2014, 4:50:18 PM CDT
Subject: Your missionary has arrived

Dear Family,

We are thrilled to report that your daughter, Sister Dickson, has finally arrived safely in her mission here in Buenos Aires.  She was picked up at the airport, and after a brief tour of Buenos Aires was brought to the mission home for a luncheon, followed by an interview with the President.  You should expect to hear from your missionary on her next P-day, which will be on Monday, Sept. 1.  Thank you for your prayers and support.

Presidente y Hermana Ayre



President Ayre called at 4:41 on Tuesday, right after I had jumped out of the car to get Hyrum from Cross Country practice so I missed talking to him but he left a wonderful message on my phone letting me know that Mallory had arrived safely and that she was a wonderful young lady.

I did get a nice email from the mission secretary:

Thank you for your note!  Sorry you missed the chance to speak with Pres. Ayre.  We got to meet the new missionaries yesterday, and we really felt the strength of the new Hermanas that just arrived.  The Hermanas in our mission have had great opportunities, and are well received by their Wards.  They perform a unique work here in Buenos Aires.  I look forward to getting to know Hermana Dickson more personally.

Love,

Hermana Lines
Secretaria
Misión Buenos Aires Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment