Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Goodbye San Fernando, Hello Palermo!

6 Months in San Fernando!  1/3 of my mission!
Only 4 months left!
 
 Hey guys! It's been another jampacked week, and here I am in Palermo!

So great to see Ausi again!

Also introducing la Hermana Muro, my new companion!


 I'm with the Hermana Muro from Peru, who just finished her training with none other than my beloved MTC companion Hermana Johnson! Hermana Muro came to Argentina with my third daughter, Hermana Bekaouche, and the irony that I'm going to now be serving with her has not escaped me! Palermo is going to be quite the change from San Fernando. SF is what you'd call country. It's more laid back and the people aren't quite as busy. I'm now in Palermo, a busy cityscape. Goodbye clapping to "ring the doorbell" or having dogs following us around.

Goodbye to the Wonderful Hermana Green!  She will love her time in San Fernando!

In San Isidro, part of the expanded San Fernando area now


My new area is actually quite a bit similar to Caballito:) I'm not used to the hustle and bustle of the city any more, and kind of feel like I'm just visiting, but I know that I'll soon jump right in to this new pace:) I'm really looking forward to working with this ward and with my new companion:) She has a lot of energy and love for the work, and after being trained by the best I have no doubt that this will be an unforgettable transfer! 

This last week in San Fernando consisted of exploring our now much larger area:) We went to San Isidro (see photos) and Beccar, as well as Victoria. We saw a lot of little miracles as we found less actives who we'd never met before, and also found new investigators! While looking for a member in San Isidro, a small puppy on the other side of the fence kept barking at us, it's tail waving back and forth. We didn't think anything of it, until the puppy crawled through the fence and started following us! Talk abour crazy! 


Visit to Olivos
old castle there



Hermana Green and I were also able to serve the members, making them mandarina budin (credit goes to Sister Chavez), have a wonderful Family Home evening with the Jumpa family, and visit the Velazquez family.


 Mandarina budin attempt 1:


 Attempt 2:


On Sunday I had the opportunity to bear my testimony. As I got up and had started to share I looked at the back of the room and saw Ruth, an investigator that we had invited the day before! I was absolutely shocked to see her and almost ran out of words while bearing my testimony! After the meeting ended I ran over to her and greeted her, asking her how she had liked it. She seemed to feel comfortable and stayed for all three hours of church. It was truly a tender mercy of the Lord.


 Part of the new area for San Fernando

San Isidro

Window in San Isidro

 San Isidro






It was truly a blessing and a privledge to serve in San Fernando. I have learned so many things and made so many life long friends that I'm never going to forget. The Lord has truly been watching over me and I know that He is guiding my mission.

(Mallory loved all the people of San Fernando.  I apologize if I put the wrong name with the wrong picture.  Please let me know if there are mistakes?--Mallory's mom) 

Walter

Oscar

 Fanny


 Fanny Nieta


Treats with Fanny Nieta


 
 Familia Herrera


 Mariana Murillo


Familia Ascencio


 Hermana Chiroque


 Ruth


Fermina


 Hermana Norton


 Hermana Mercedes


 Familia Chavez


They shared the mandarina budin recipe with us!

 La Hermana Paz


I can't wait to see what these last 4 months of my mission hold in store!
I'm praying for each of you, take care this week!
Hermana Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment