Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 18 in Buenos Aires: New Area, Caballito!

December 30, 2014

What a week! Today were transfers:) I said goodbye to Parque Patricios yesterday, and am now in Caballito, 30 minutes away with Hermana Olmedo. Hermana Olmedo is from El Salvador and this is her last 6 weeks before she goes home.  I was blessed to spend Christmas with a wonderful companion, Hermana Pilliza, and wonderful members, including the Pareja family. I am so thankful for the 3 transfers I was able to spend in Parque Patricios. The members there will always be a part of home for me. 
Mirla, Hna. Pilliza, and I


At the baptism of Cami and Martina


Transfers today were crazy! This morning, upon leaving the shower, I was greeted by a lake of water. And not just the bathroom, but the entire apartment... We joked about it afterwards and claimed it was my tears... but what stress at the time! However, I got to have breakfast with the familia Montiel before the bishop took us to the offices to find our new companions. It felt so good to be with them. It felt like home. 
 
 
 
Upon receiving my new companion and arriving at my new home I discovered that the elevator didn't work. As my companion and I lugged all my stuff up 5 flights of stairs I seriously considered tossing more than half of my belongings. Where did it all come from? I have no idea. 
 
I will truly miss the great and wonderful people of Parque Patricios!!!
 
 

 

During this last week I have felt the love my Savior has for me. I understand so much better the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about the gifts, or the decor, or the food. It's about the Lord, the Savior Jesus Christ. 
 
 
This Christmas my greatest gifts were talking to my family via Skype and receiving a handwritten letter from my Hermana Temple. Such simple things. Things I would have taken for granted before. Things that I hold so dear out here in the mission. I know that this church is true. I know that this work will continue to go forth. We, as the Lord's missionaries, are part of an army. We are here to inspire the troops, battle the enemy, support the leaders, and raise our banners high. This isn't a work for those faint of heart. We are missionaries. We are representatives of Jesus Christ. We are bold. We open the door to the Celestial Kingdom. We save families. We Are the Lord's army. 

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your families and loved ones. Take care!
 
All my love,
Hermana Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment