Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 11 in Palermo: Successful Surgery

Hey guys! This last week consisted of getting ready for the surgery, going in and getting it done, and then going stir-crazy in the house!

I survived!






On Wednesday we had to pick up my own tube that they would be inserting the next day into my ear. Only in Argentina does the patient have to go all over the city to get all of her own tests and surgery items! Thankfully the doctor didn't ask me to pick up his tools and my anesthesia as well;) 
The tube

Early Thursday morning my companion and I headed out to face my destiny! .... in the rain! We got to the Zabala Clinic at about 8:40. Hermana Ayre met up with us at 10:30 and I was off at 11 to get changed and put on the operation table. It was pretty ironic, given that the surgery was only going to last 10 minutes. After getting dressed in the paper hospital garb, they put me in a wheelchair. I've honestly never been in a wheelchair, and less so without my glasses. The entire situation had a horror movie feel as the wheeled me into the operation room. All I could see were bright lights and blobs saying hi to me. I got up on the table and they got the IV ready. The doctor told me not to be nervous. I told him to hurry up and knock me out. 

I woke up three hours later. The best part? I could hear! WOOO! Hermana Ayre took us back and for the next couple days we took it easy. Every little sound was incredibly amplified! I hadn't realized before how LOUD my world was. 


Throughout the entire process my companion was there, helping me out and getting everything ready for the surgery. It's been quite the experience, and I've learned a lot. I've learned to be patient. I've learned to be thankful for the little things. 
Puerto Madero 







I've learned to trust in God's plan for me. 
I would never have planned on getting a surgery in a different country. But I've been kept very safe. I know that God loves me. That he cares about the little things. And he doesn't just care about the little things in MY life. He cares about the little things in Your life too. Trust him! 



I'm so thankful to be here in the mission, serving in Palermo with Hermana Cuevas. Thank you for all of the prayers and for all those who have been with me for this little surgery:)
Love you all!  
Hermana Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment