Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 22 in San Fernando "The Lord carried me"

 
Hermana Ascencio, who accompanied us this week and made us a great dinner
 


 
 
Where to even begin? So much has happened in the last 7 days that I'm not sure where I could pick up or where I should plan on ending. More than anything, I feel impressed to write about just how personal our Savior Jesus Christ is. This week I went through a very trying experience. It brought me to the testing point at every level, and sincerely humbled me. I was brought so much closer to my Savior. As I was struggling to overcome this test I felt the real and powerful reality of a divine being. Someone who really IS watching over us. He loved me enough to come down to my level, pick me up, and carry me. I didn't have anything left to give, to offer. I'd being giving for so long that I honestly felt that I couldn't give anything else. And yet, in the midst of pain and sorrow, Jesus Christ took the time to comfort Me. 
 
Hermana Bekaouche was transferred
 

 

He knows us. Personally. Intimately. He is always literally at our sides. But if that's the case, why is it at times that He feels so far? So "uninterested" in what we are going through? I've gone through other hard moments in my life, but He has never felt as close. His distance from me never changed. But I have finally began to understand how to let Him in. To Trust Him. I admitted that I had nothing left to give, that I needed Help, and He was there, as Elder Holland would say, "like lightning in a summer storm". I can't express just how personal our Savior is, if we trust Him enough. 
 
We made cookies for a friend's birthday and and Jaynee's mission farewell
 



 

This week I learned that if I want to accomplish something, that I Can do it. That serving others makes us forget about ourselves. That Every person can and should make it to the temple, the holy sanctuaries of God available to us here on earth. That physical health is precious, but that spiritual health is essential. I learned to have the faith to ask for priesthood blessings, and to be patient with myself. To read and treasure the Book of Mormon. To leave it all in the hands of the Lord. 
 
 
pictures of our now expanded area
 



 

I am amazed by the faith of the members here in Argentina. They have a faith that destroys doubt and ridicules fear. They make me rethink my own faith, and want to be so much better, so much stronger. To trust so much more. Whether it be death, separation, feelings of loneliness or great illness, they put it All in the hands of the Lord. They don't fear the future. They trust in today. They trust in the Lord. This is the kind of faith that moves mountains. 


Just before it rained the sky turned orange.  the camera really doesn't show how orange :
 




Vianda from Mercedes 


 
We have also continued to teach Alberto. He suffers from a blood illness and goes through sick, painful periods from time to time. Having been through a lot of health problems this week, I felt it to be a tender mercy of the Lord to be able to work with him. Because, at some level, I get it. And I can be patient and loving, because I know what it feels like to want to do something and be temporarily restricted due to health issues. This Sunday we went to get him for church. He had sent us a message in the morning telling us that he wasn't doing well and that he wasn't going to make it. We tried to send him a message and call him, but to no avail. And so we went over to his house, where we knocked and knocked, even calling out his name, asking him to give us a moment. We waited for 10 minutes or so before running to church to be able to take the sacrament. Sitting in the sacrament meeting I couldn't help but think of the scripture in Revelation 3:20 

 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Do we let him in?
Hermana Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment